Thursday 24 October 2013

Lighting is Key

     On Monday I began to film my footage for my music video and came to an obstacle that I assume everyone will face if they are shooting outside and especially if they are shooting at night time.
     Without the perfect lighting - video quality is reduced massively due to the aperture soaking up all the light in the shot. As all the light is being soaked up and you can see the shot - the image quality gets reduced as a result of this.
     To avoid this happening, if shooting at night you need bright lights facing where you are filming (unless you want the low key, muffled footage) For mine I used the garden flood light which worked pretty well but it wasn't portable so a movable one is more practical.
     As you can see from the screenshots of the different lighting - one has a much grainer, blurry effect compared to the crisp, shallow focus of the well-lit scene.







No comments:

Post a Comment