Wednesday 16 October 2013

Change to my Idea - Reviewed Proposal


As I have come quite far in the planning process of my music video, I have come to the conclusion that my video won't show the true theme I am going for. I want movement and freedom to flow through the magazine advert, digipak and also the video itself. This could not be achieved if I continued with the song I had originally - "You've Got the Love". I want to use the same artist but a more faster song so I could do some quicker cuts and also so the lyrics matches the fast movement and colourful image I am going for. Her song "Spectrum" is perfect and I have switched to this song. It has slow and fast parts to the song so I can do the slow dancing and also fast bits of footage too. The male actor I had originally planned to use is unavailable now so ill just be using the female, Mollie. New scenes will be added in where the male dancer would have been used. I filmed some footage tonight at Swakeleys Roundabout of the A-Road that runs beneath. I looked on my iPhone weather app to see what time the sun was setting and I filmed for about 45 minutes which I plan to speed up and hopefully see the sun set. I think this will be a great snippet of footage to add in my music video as it highlights specific movement of man-made materials - the cars, and the natural word - the sun. I also got some great photos of the moving cars by increasing the shutter speed to around 15 seconds. This allows all the movements in the space of 15 seconds to combine into one. I hope to be writing my film schedule soon so this will include all the new scenes I will be adding. I hope to use one of these images for my digipak back cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment