Friday 30 August 2013

Audience Psychographics and Demographics

I think the target audience for my music video is likely to be females aged 15-30. This is because the song is about both performing and love so will be attracted by both ends of the target audience. I think that the concept of the song fits more to a female audience as it is from a females point of view and her love story. The lyrics are about putting faith in someone you love and finding that person - this will inspire young girls about the stereotypical fairy tale love story and also relate to those older women who have their own love lives and stories.

As a big part of the target audience is young adults, the majority of them won't have experienced the working life and will not be associated with a social class as they will still be in full-time education. However for the older members of my target audience, they would most likely would fit into the social classes B-C2 with skilled, managerial positions. I think the younger members of the audience would seek an insight into the lyrics by looking up to their parents or those at the older end of the target audience.


I can imagine that the music video and song would appeal to the majority of young girls as well as many girls at the older end of the audience I am targeting. As the song is of the pop genre, deriving from 'popular', the artist is going to have mainstream success and likability. Therefore the psychographics of my audience would be 'mainstream' and I think that they would be looking out for the type of music that is topping the charts but also keeping up with trends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment